Saturday, December 30, 2006

It's a gas

I went to the dentist on Wednesday to have three fillings restored. It was the most relaxed I'd been in weeks. Say much?

Dishwasher still not working. Garbage disposal not working. Am in appliance hell. Again. Did I mention I hate my oven, too? It's small, and although notancient, a piece of crap. At one point it started just beeping. All on it's own. Beeping. So Iain took the cover off the control panel and now it just hangs there, and is misshapen because I left the broiler on too long one time. I hate it. Hate, hate, hate my oven. The fan? Runs for about thirty freaking minutes after I turn the oven off. Did I mention I hate my oven? But that old, bottom of the line washing machine I loathe and actually googled "how to break a washing machine" over? Still works like a charm.

So, instead of spending time alone today, like Iain wanted to and I agreed to support, he worked on installing a "new" (new to me, old to my mom and sister) garbage disposal. You girls know how these things go, right? Bless his heart, he worked tirelessly on it but I don't think it's working. And the day is gone.

So, here I sit having a glass of eggnog (not Iain's homemade kick-ass eggnog, but the crappy kind in the carton) with Alot of Bourbon in it. Happy Holidays! From the applianceless Michies!

Oh, so back to the dentist. My dentist rocks. Love him. As soon as I was in the chair he was like, "let's give you the laughing gas". Oh yeah, baby. Hook momma up. And he did. And it was great. I have no problem admitting to that fact. I was in that chair for a little over an hour and was loving it. Like I said, most relaxed I'd been in weeks. When does Parents' Day Out resume? January 8th?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:36 PM

    I got that disposal working the next day... ;)

    ReplyDelete