Tuesday, September 23, 2008

OB Update

I saw my OB today. I'm not yet 31 weeks, but my belly is measuring 42 weeks. She was surprised at how large I was. (No comment). Both babies were on one side, so my tummy looked a bit like a ski slope. We re-evaluated my due date and c-section currently scheduled for November 7th, at 37 weeks. She seems to be questioning if I will make it that far. Her goal for me now is 34 weeks. She explained that my body might just decide it is done and go into labor, and that we need to be prepared (but not neccesarily plan) for that to happen. So far, there are no physical signs of any early labor but she stressed that with twins things can change quickly. She also encouraged me to limit my activity (normal) to about 4-5 hours a day. I'll see her every week and she will re-evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment