Thursday, May 31, 2012

First and Last

 

DSC_0984

First Day of 1st Grade (above)

Last Day of 1st Grade (below)

DSC_0581

I am not good at endings.  I don’t like things to end, or to change so the last day of school is always (ha!  like I’ve been doing it forever…perhaps always is a stretch) difficult for me.  To see how they have grown and changed, and know that there is nothing we can do to stop it, puts a lump in my throat.  I see him changing rapidly, turning 7.   The “age of reason” supposedly.  We see glimpses of that and it’s really exciting.  We also see glimpses of more independence, more connectedness with friends, and pulling away.  So, as you turn 7, Duncan, and prepare for another year, know that Mom and Dad are super proud of you and what you have done this year!  You are shaping up nicely.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment