Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Sweet Jesus,

Today is Day 1 of Week 3 of summer vacation.  I kind of lost a week because of the whole kid-in-the-hospital thing.  But today, Lord, I find myself with zero patience.  I am unable to tolerate the slightest infraction.  And that is going to make for a very long day. When I think of how many of those days it takes to make a week, and how many weeks we have until school starts, I get all kinds of worried.  So, I think I need a huge dose of patience.  Right now I feel like I can't unload the dishwasher without having to deal with the aftermath, be it Desitin smeared all over some porous surface, a fight, or every single pillow and blanket being dragged out of the closet.  And even seven year olds can't really fold up big blankets to put them back.  So, if I can't even unload the dishwasher, how am I supposed to take a shower?  Or eat lunch?  See, I get kind of panicked.

And kids fight.  Did you know that, Lord?  Did you know that when you blessed us with three of them?  I suppose even I knew, on some level.  I should have started praying back then, at that first sonogram, that I'd be better able to deal with the fighting.  Maybe you could show me how?  I know it wont go away, but if you could whisper in my ear a way for ME to deal with it, and how I should react to it so that I don't lose my sh%t, that would be helpful.  Because me yelling at them for yelling doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

I really want to enjoy them, Jesus.  I love them so and wanted them so deeply.  But I want to enjoy them AND be able to get some laundry done.

Amen,
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment