Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Heavy Heart

My friend (not close, but a friend) found her 3 month-old baby boy in his crib this morning, not breathing. He could not be resuscitated. He died. Her husband had left about an hour earlier to catch a plane to Baton Rouge and he was already in the air by the time she found the baby, dead in his crib. She had checked on him only four hours earlier, and he was fine...

So unbelievably tragic, sad, and terrifying.

More on mother bereavement later. My head hurts, my heart is heavy, and my eyes are puffy from crying.

These feelings are all too familiar and I must be careful. When I first got the news, I was short of breath, had chills and could not focus. It's not me, it's not me again. It's not me again. No, no, no. It's not me. I've already been through my child's death. This is not me.

Not this time.

My friend's name is Amy and her baby boy was Zane Thomas.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sad, my heart aches for them. My sympathies to you too.

    ReplyDelete