Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Longest Saturday

For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking it was going to seem like a very long day. Iain is still traveling, and he is almost always home on Saturdays. That, coupled with the fact that daylight savings time starts tonight and I think I'm correct. Which means it will be full on daylight for bedtime. And then I will lose an hour of sleep.

Also, the DVR did not record the hockey game last night and we've already had at least one meltdown before 8 a.m.

I would pay a king's ransom to have a five year-old boy next door right now. Don't y'all remember Saturday mornings as a kid? I would always get to my BFF's house as fast as I could and be gone most of the day. Or, she would come to mine. Either way, we did not expect our parents to play with us. I realize there is some middle ground, and doing things with our kids, as a family, has great deal of value. There is also a great value in him having friends to play with and I can see almost weekly how that need gets bigger.

_____________________________________________________

12 Hours Later:

We got through the day just fine. Sometimes a change of scenery is all you need. And to throw a ball around with your almost five year old.

We drove across town to my sister's and mom's. Through some pretty hairy, wild, post-St. Patrick's Day parade traffic. Oh, and you drunk people on the back of that flatbed trailer...thank you for the show. I spent about 15 minutes trying to explain to my almost five year-old what you were doing.

And we will start all over again tomorrow, just with one hour less sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment