Monday, June 10, 2013

Let the Summer Begin

 

IMG_8502

Summer 2013 is off to a roaring start and I’m already counting down until school.  Okay, not really, but kind of really.  I am really going to make an effort to have a good attitude!  About my kids being home all summer!  I know there are plenty of you moms that see summer as a welcome relief….I hear so many “so glad for a  break!” comments and I sadly think, “oh, my break is over.”  It’s easy to gauge how long preschool has been out by the state of my pedicure. 

But this year I am really going to try to enjoy them and not make it so stressful on myself.  Our kids are loud.  And they wake up early.  And we have one living area.  So, while I am sure if your kids are they type who sleep late (late being past 8:00 a.m. to me), or play quietly in the other room…then your mornings and afternoons are probably more relaxing than mine.  But really, truly I am going to try to have a better mindset.  I am not sure how, but I’m going to.

I will keep you posted. 

We had Duncan’s birthday party on Friday…15 8-year-old boys.  It was really fun, but oh my they are loud.  We played baseball across the street, fed them, and showed a movie in the backyard. 

DSC_0974

Remind me next year not to do that.  But it was fun.

Lots of baseball and tee ball, which I truly love.  One of the best parts of parenting so far. 

Family swim party yesterday at my sister’s and mom’s.  Cousins rock.

IMG_8507

Today Duncan is at baseball camp, then we will go pick up Claire who spent the night at my sister’s and mom’s and go right to swim lessons.  Then home for what I will later laughingly refer to as rest time, before tee ball and baseball this evening.

Tomorrow is no easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment