Wednesday, June 21, 2006


It is easier to blog, when you blog on a more consistent basis. That way, there are not a million thoughts going through your head like, "that would be a great blog topic." Like I am experiencing. Right now.

For those of you playing along, I will start with the present and try to work backwards.

We are taking swimming lessons this week. While very fun for me, and seemingly fun for Duncan; I do question how much he will really learn. But, we are "learning" some breath control, and at least I am learning some things I can continue to do with him in my sister's and mom's pool. And, I get to socialize with two of my newest friends from my moms' group so it's really lots of fun. And the pool is beautiful.

As big, provacative thoughts go, I am really starting to finally feel like a mom. It has taken me a year, I think, for the shock to wear off and to get used to my new life. When I read Mother Shock http://www.mothershock.com/ I had some idea it would take this long, but it really didn't sink it. But it did. It took a year. And I'm still a little freaked out. And very tired. And watching my kid eat part of dead moth....must go...be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment