Monday, January 22, 2007

Not Quite Twenty Four

Monday, January 22nd, 12:00 a.m. - I am sound asleep, and so is Duncan (for now) but Iain is still awake. I am not sure why, since he's been sick (too) and had little sleep.

12:23 a.m. - I awaken to realize Iain is still awake (see previous entry.) I fall back asleep and say a little prayer that Duncan will sleep well. He is quite congested.

2:33 a.m. - Duncan wakes, cries...I wake, lie still and hope for the best.

2:41 a.m. - I go to check on him, he is sitting up, coughing...I rock him back to sleep and put him back to bed.

4:03 a.m. - More crying and coughing, I go in and settle him again and then crawl back into bed, not sure what day it is...thinking it's Sunday again and that Iain can maybe take the morning shift so I can sleep. Ha!

6:33 a.m. - Duncan up for the day. I go get him and first words, as usual, "Daddy." We crawl into bed with daddy, momentarily, before he is ready to hit the ground running.

7:30 a.m. - Kiss Iain/Daddy good bye then back inside. Hot tea for mommy while I make pancakes...from scratch. Extra mommy points!

11:38 a.m. - Where does the morning go? Duncan has had lunch and is down for a nap. Pray that he sleeps well. I have done two loads of laundry, three loads of dishes (see angry appliance post), hung up clothes in closets, changed four diapers, brushed teeth (!), read My First Bible Story Book three times, and checked MOPS email. Now I will rest.

12:20 p.m. - Crying. Awake.

12:34 p.m. - Still crying. Rocked to sleep by 12:50...sweet baby.

1:55 p.m. - Up from nap and happy. I even managed to sit and go through a stack of mail and write two to my friend Michelle whose baby died a few weeks ago, and one to my friend De thanking her for awesome hand me downs.

3:13 p.m. - Talk to friend Betsy regarding bringing food for Michelle and her grieving family. Also talk about toddlers. Laugh alot. Make myself a cup of tea and put some in a sippy cup for Duncan. Only an hour and a half until I need to start dinner! Realize everything is frozen. Scramble.

5:15 p.m. - Duncan in high chair eating bowtie pasta with parmesan and peas, hot dog, frozen strawberries, avacado. Thaw chicken, wash lettuce for salad, make marinara sauce, wash 5th sink full of dishes, take three Advil.

5:45 p.m. - Daddy's home! Hurrah!

5:45 p.m. - Duncan out of high chair for post-dinner run through house, play with Daddy, I finish getting dinner in oven.

6:15 p.m. - Duncan in tub. Peace.

6:40 p.m. - Naked baby running through house.

7:00 p.m. - Sleepy baby. Iain reads Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes (cousin Brittany, previous owner!), I read Curious George Gets a Medal (for 17th time today) and then to bed. Realize I have a song about Larry the Tomato not having a belly button stuck in my head.

8:00 p.m. - I call one of my MOPS moms to tell her we do have a spot for her baby girl in child care this semester then plop back in Iain's leather chair, with heating pad on my back. I am an old woman already.

9:44 p.m. - Iain asleep. I will watch a few Tivo'ed epsidoes of Homicide then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment