Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bedtime antics

Well, we've started trying the big boy bed thing. I started with naps, in the daytime. It's a twin, pushed against a wall, with a bed rail. He loves it, at least the idea of it. So, I started with naps a few weeks ago and everything went just fine. Until last week. He's never gotten out during a nap, but a few nights ago, at 3:00 a.m., a little boy in footie jammies padded into my bedroom carrying his copy of Emily's New Coaches asking, "Daddy read it." It startled me, and I realized how grateful I was that nothing was going on, if you know what I mean. And I think you do.

So, I scooped him up and put him in his crib. Sleep tight, little prisoner!

Tonight, he had terrible hiccups when we put him to bed, in the twin bed. It wasn't long before we heard the hiccups getting louder, and the door open, and a little voice calling, "Chri-is!" He obviously has heard Iain call me Chris, but I don't think he's made the connection that I actually have a name, and that it's Chris/tie. By the time I got to his room he had crawled back into the bed and was asking me where the tractor book was.

So funny. Really fun stuff! So banal, so ordinary. So everyperson. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment