Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OhmygoshOhmygoshHelpMeJesusINeedASwingset

I fear, that today, is the beginning of a slippery slope of no nap. Perhaps I am rushing to judgment. But, it is 3:45 and Duncan is bouncing around the house.

We do have a house painter here, to paint the entire interior (yippee!) and I am sure that adds to his excitement. But I gave up. I tried everything. The last time I checked on him, he was doing somersaults on the bed. So, I give up. What will tonight be like? A nice easy bedtime? Or a walk to Hell?

I love the afternoon nap. It gives me a chance to have a little time to myself. I usually don't sleep, but I can do a few things that I would not otherwise. One of my greatest shortcomings as a mom is not feeling like I have to entertain my kid all the time. When he's awake, it seems impossible for me to just do what I need to do and let him occupy himself. He's not that kind of kid, and I'm a pushover. So, we are the perfect storm. I will truly welcome cooler days when he can just play in the backyard. That reminds me, I must find a swingset.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up, girl! I enjoy reading your blog. Hope to see you next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete