Monday, January 30, 2012

Major Upheaval

 

IMG_3416

Friday afternoon was a pretty spectacular day, weather-wise.  Just about 70 degrees, sunny.  Very nice for January.  So, I invited my great friend over after we picked up our kids from school.  We’d sit on the patio, drink wine, menu plan, and watch the kids play peacefully. 

Finn had been complaining that he didn’t feel well, and that his body hurt.  Finn doesn’t complain much but I have a hard time learning these lessons so I kind of down played it.  I told my friend, but she said she didn’t mind and we’d stick with our plan.  Hurray! 

Shortly after we got back from school, Finn puked all over the floor.  Panic.  Tears.  Lysol.  Got him cleaned up, as well as the floor and Iain took him back to lie down on our bed.  We all continued with our wonderful afternoon.  Finn emerged about twenty minutes later and despite my efforts to at least keep him on my lap, insisted on playing baseball.  Maybe it was the wine.  Maybe the glorious warm day.  But again, we just kept chugging along.

Friend and her kids went home later on and all seemed pretty fine.  Finn seemed better, just sleepy.  Saturday was “family work day” since we were having friends for dinner.  Again, Finn seemed fine.  We even passed the 24 hour, golden rule mark of kid vomit.  Cleaned the house, made pot roast, chocolate cake, had a really fun day.  Friends came for dinner.  Great time was had by all.

Sunday morning I thought to myself, “I must had had too much wine last night”.  But soon realized very differently.  Claire and I had both fallen.  She seemed to have a brief spurt, and recover quickly like Finn but that would soon prove wrong.  I took to bed most of the day.  I got up around 2, and Iain went to run some errands.  Just about then, Claire resumed being sick and did not stop until well after bedtime.  Duncan fell at 4 a.m.  Iain is currently in fetal position in our bed. 

I am glad for a few things.  That Iain and I did not get sick on the same days.  That Duncan is old enough to puke in a bucket.  That I have a good washer with a sanitize cycle, even though it takes 3 HOURS TO COMPLETE. 

Oh, and we managed to get 1 other child, and two other adults (at this point and time…there could be others) sick!  Hooray!  So, this morning we are having a Shawn the Sheep marathon.  Claire is still kind of listless but is drinking Pedialyte.  Duncan keeping everything down so I’m hopeful for school tomorrow.  I feel great!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that you guys have been sick. Boo. :( I hope everyone is feeling better today and I'm appreciating your positive attitude...even now. :) Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete