Thursday, May 11, 2006

From January 14, 2006

Today I am off to my second belly dancing class and am looking forward to it, which is unusual for me. My normal pattern is to be excited about an exercise class where I will have to be in front of other people something, and then the closer I get to it, the more I start to chicken out and rationalize not going. Not this time, America! I will shimmy and I will have fun.
It is hard for me to leave my boy, though. It doesn't matter that he is in the best of care with his dad, it's just hard for me to leave him. It is still a little inexpclicable to me but I think I know where a great deal of it stems from (from where a great deal of it stems?) More about That later.
Duncan is now seven months old and is really becoming his own person. He is rolling over, in one direction only (to his left) and only from back to tummy. Once on his tummy, he really doesn't know what to do with himself although occasionally will have a good time for a few minutes. He eats some solid food, mostly rice cereal with bananas in it, baby food pears, squash, peas and sweet potatoes. He doesn't seem to like apples or peaches at all and makes a "WTF" face when fed them. We even tried some of my mom's black-eyed peas on New Year's Day and got the same, WTF face, along with mushed up black eyed peas mixed with saliva on the table in front of him. He's really cute! But, as someone I once knew said to me, wont it be great when he's big enough that we can say "honey, go get yourself a banana". Yes, it will! But, I do love his babyness and don't want to wish it away.
My husband is on his last semester towards his MBA from the University of Texas at Austin (hook 'em). Hallelujah! For the last year and a half, he's been gone every other weekend and many nights to study groups, as well as having to go to Thailand two days after Duncan was born for an international trip/class. He's loved it, but I think we are both ready to see it end. But, today, he is watching Duncan while I go shimmy my little heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment