Thursday, May 11, 2006

From January 9, 2006

I am going to copy old posts, from my other blog and put them here...just to preserve them. I'll do them in chrono order, starting with this one and will always indicate it is an "old" post in the title.

The boy is asleep; I’ve reheated my tea…twice…and now am going to try to get a post done. He’s teething, so sleep is sketchy these days but I’ll see how quickly I can do this.
I had my first belly dancing class on Saturday and it was hard as shit much more fun than I expected. I do think I had more belly than anyone, well, almost anyone, but I still felt very comfortable and that I was among peers. I even got singled out by the teacher for doing very good hip circles! They were the wrong kind, but they were very good. Yay me! We shimmied and circled everything from our heads to our hips, and I think I may have actually burned some calories. I am looking forward to this Saturday. By the end of our four weeks we are supposed to know a 2-minute dance. When I told my dear friend Wendy this fact, she told me she can’t wait to get me drunk. As long as I can wear one of those cool scarves with the tiny coins all over it I may not even need to be drunk to do my dance!
The boy turned seven months yesterday and is such fun. He’s trying to sit on his own, but topples easily. He puts everything in his mouth, and really loves to drink from a glass. He laughs when I pinch my forefinger and thumb together, perhaps at me…perhaps with me. Who knows for sure? He’s a dream and getting to be so much fun. I still, though, don’t like to drag him everywhere I go. I’m just not one of those moms. Maybe it’s lack of confidence or over protectiveness but I don’t see the benefit of taking him everywhere at this age. It’s not fun for me, and I don’t think its fun for him. We do go places, because I know he needs to get out and see things and experience his world, but I think I know his limits and try to respect them.
Want a good book? Read The Big Rumpus by Ayun Halliday. Soon I’ll learn how to do those cool “what I’m reading” lists…

No comments:

Post a Comment