Friday, November 09, 2012

Tis of Thee

 

IMG_5598

For the past week, Duncan has walked around singing My Country Tis of Thee – is that the proper title?  This morning at school, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders sang in the front yard of the school, in honor of Veterans’ Day.  All local vets were invited to attend.  They had flags planted in the ground, that the kids had purchased in honor or memory of someone they knew who was  a vet.

IMG_5593

It was really sweet, and I think he actually understands what he is doing.  But he still is 7 and gets a little goofy when surrounded by his friends.  However, I was proud of him that when the big flag was being raised, he stood and saluted the entire time. And that he knew the words to the songs.  Just wish I’d gotten the memo about sending him in his Cub Scout shirt.  Next year, I promise.

IMG_5596

No comments:

Post a Comment