Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Part 1

 

DSC_0335

I figured I would start this today, with the preliminary Halloween pics, and post again tomorrow with all the wild, costume-y, too much candy induced crazy pics tomorrow.  Iain is on his way to San Antonio so this year I’m flying solo.  Trying to keep it as low key as possible.

We carved our pumpkin last night, and when I say “we” I mean “I” because the group cohesiveness I was counting on dissipated after about twelve seconds.  See that pic?  That’s all I got.  After the initial “let’s carve!” they started running around, tearing the head off my decorative scarecrow and playing baseball with no bats, gloves or a ball.  We’ll call it phantom baseball!  Because it’s Halloween!  But, I got that sucker carved and did a fine job if I do say so.

DSC_0387

This morning, Cinderella soon morphed into a Longhorn cheerleader and our mighty morphin power rangers eschewed all costumes in favor of a Halloween tee shirt, with the sleeves cut off because he wont wear long sleeves (in addition to Halloween costumes, apparently.)  I got them to preschool and watched their music performance and parade and it was really super cute.

DSC_0398

I am hoping and praying for a quick and successful trick or treat, baths and bed tonight.  Part 2 will tell the real story.

No comments:

Post a Comment