Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pintimidated Project–Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was in a real baking mood yesterday and realized I had all the ingredients (well, almost…see below) to make these cookies that I saw on Pinterest.   I will say that the dough is really, really good.  Not that I eat cookie dough.

The cookies, albeit without the white chocolate chips because I had none, are good but not great.  My biggest issue with them is that they are a cakey cookie. I am not a fan of the cakey cookie.   I like a crisp cookie.  But, the pumpkin flavor is really good.  I might even see how I could up that next time.  The oatmeal is good…the chocolate is good.  I might try it with raisins instead of chocolate chips next time.  I’m also going to try baking them directly on the baking sheet, instead of parchment paper, because I’m not sure what purpose the parchment serves.  They have plenty of butter in them and should not stick.

The Pintimidator gives this 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment