Thursday, January 28, 2010

Posted by Picasa

Starting with the end of my day and working backwards...

7:52 p.m. - Everyone in bed asleep. I am sitting in Iain's chair, cup of hot tea, remotes, reading glasses, recipe book, candle burning, watching Damages. Love that show. I also have just realized I have had my shirt on backwards all day long. Duncan must have been pretty tired tonight because he nodded off fairly quickly. It's raining so maybe that made him sleepier. While we were listening to the rain he said, "that's Jesus...taking a shower."

5:14 - Have cup of coffee. Shepherds pie is heating up. Goal is to have everyone fed by 6:00 and twins in jammies and in bed by 6:30, then Duncan. I go get nighttime diapers, jammies, etc..so I'm ready. Am distracted on my way to the twins' room by how much I have to do. And the fifty or sixty Thomas trains in the hallway. Go back to kitchen with diapers and finish coffee. Walk over to other computer to download picture (above) and am again distracted by how much I have to do (before we have a Realtor over here.) See Claire crawling towards me with my keys in her mouth. Decide it's time to eat.

4:53 p.m. - I am baking the rest of the cookie dough so I don't eat it. Cookies, while tempting, are no match for a bowl of dough sitting around. I actually fit into a pair of jeans I have not worn in a few years yesterday so I don't need the temptation. Doughn't tempt me! Will freeze a sample from this batch and tuck them away for the taste test (I am seeking the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe).

4: 32 p.m. - Hear large thud and notice Finn face down on the floor and Duncan and Claire sitting on said couch. "Did you push him off?" No response. "Duncan, did you push him off?" "Yes, mom. But hey, now there's room for one more!"

4:31 p.m. - Awwwww...so cute! All three kids sitting together on the couch! I run and get camera and snap pic (see above.)

4:30 - Claire talking in room...go get her up from nap.

3:45 p.m. Mix up dough (I was so smart to fix my mise en place!) and start to bake cookies. Put rest of dough in fridge.

3:30 p.m. Get Duncan out of his room and explain to him that we expect better behavior at school. He dashes into kitchen and is on his stool at the counter, examining my mise en place.

2:50 p.m. - Home from pickup. Duncan to room because of his behavior at preschool. Claire to bed. Finn toddling around with me.

2:30 - Pick up Duncan at school and bring meal to friend Emily. Find out it was not a good day for him and that he spent alot of time "in red." Should have suspected something when he met me at the door to his classroom saying, "Mom...I love you." Apparently, he told his teacher that his "bottom told him to be rude all day." Hmmmph.

9: 50 a.m. - 2:10 p.m. - Home with the twins. Put both down for a nap at around 10:00 and only Finn really takes a good nap. I hear them jabbering to each other for at least 30 minutes, and Claire is back up at 11:15 or so. Finn sleeps until 1:00. I make dinner for us and the Guthries, and by the time I get them both fed and changed it's time to go pick up Duncan from preschool. Also get all ingredients measured and in little bowls ready to make chocolate chip cookies as a fun thing for us to do this afternoon. I am hoping he had a good day!

9:10 a.m. - Load up everyone and take Duncan to preschool. On the way we talk about having a good day! Have a good day! Stay on green!

7:40 a.m. - Finn wakes. Go get him out of bed, completing the trifecta of children.

7:00 a.m. - Claire wakes. I go get her. She is so happy to see me. I love her little face first thing in the morning! She is already chattering away with me as we walk down the hall. She lights up when she sees Duncan.

6:40 a.m. - Duncan convinces me to get out of bed. I get coffee immediately.


1 comment:

  1. This post really makes me want to get to know Duncan better. Any little boy who says his bottom made him do it is destined for great things. I mean, that is totally hilarious!! Sorry he was in red most of the day, though. :)

    Good for you on the jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete